What will the apprentice be doing?
To work with the Collections team helping with the day-to-day cleaning and
care of the collections
• No detail will go unnoticed, and you'll keep a keen eye on everything from
the environmental conditions in a room, to signs of wear and tear.
• You'll keep accurate records and complete up to date condition reports for
• Preparing the house for opening to visitors · Take part in annual deep
cleaning · Environmental monitoring
• Pest control
• Condition assessments and reporting
• In this visitor facing role, we'd love you to talk to visitors about the work
you're doing, and the collections we have. You'll also be part of the wider
team of employees helping to cover where necessary.
• To work with the Operations Team to plan and manage events in the
Palace, including Palace hospitality evening event set ups and filming as
• To monitor and maintain the highest standards of hygiene, health, and
safety, carrying out risk assessments when necessary and to instigate safe
systems of work where required
• To assist the Deputy Collections Manager in controlling the stock levels.
• To assist the Deputy Collections Manager in cataloguing and organizing
storage areas, condition reporting and packing.
• To support the Keeper of Palace and Collections and Deputy Collections
Manager in organizing and setting up exhibitions (including creating
displays, packing loans, and dealing with couriers)
• Completion of Level 4 Cultural and Heritage coursework as part of the apprenticeshipWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For Standards - Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours of the Cultural Heritage Conservation Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
- Completion of Level 4 Cultural and Heritage coursework as part of the apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to continue your learning to a higher level within the company or be offered a full-time position. This will be reviewed by you and your employer at the end of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired Things to consider
At Blenheim, we are passionate about providing an environment for our employees to develop their skills, try new ways of learning and encouraging their talents to flourish. Our Blenheim Behaviors are shared by all and are an important aspect of joining the Blenheim Team. • Relish a New Challenge Everyday • Keep Our Promises • Show Honesty with Kindness • Share a Sense of Belonging • Make History