What will the apprentice be doing?
You will report to the External Relations Data Engineer and work with a wide cross section of staff across the university.
Learning to combine technical know-how with understanding of how to use it to support your colleagues' needs, you will both learn how to support the latest data analysis tools, and also how to source and interpret datasets that are relevant to the HE sector.
During this apprenticeship you will learn the following:
• The creation and editing of reports in systems such as Tableau and/or PowerBI.
• The use of data warehouse systems such as Snowflake
• Support for admissions and CRM functions based on Dynamics and the Power Platform.
• Sourcing, use and interpretation of datasets from UCAS, HESA and other sources relevant to the sector.
• Manipulating data sources to maintain data warehouses.
• Guided by colleagues across External Relations and elsewhere, develop an understanding of the enquirer, applicant and student journeys, how the key points in these journeys are captured by our IT systems and datasets, and contribute ideas as to how our current systems may be better used to capture the appropriate data in the most usable way.
• Develop and maintain a regular schedule of key dataset reports, the frequency of which will range from weekly to annual, particularly of data from UCAS and our internal admissions systems.
• Supporting equality and values diversity, moderating own behaviour to avoid unfair discriminatory impact or bias on others.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will receive of the job training from our partner training provider QA. This will support them to achieve the higher level Data Analyst apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C or above (4-9)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or above (4-9)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Minimum 3 A levels or equivalent (Grade C or above (4-9)) Essential