What will the apprentice be doing?
Successful candidates will assist in delivery sport and physical activities to children and young people, both in school curriculum time following the PE National Curriculum and/or set programs of study and also deliver a range of OSHL, (Out Of School Hours Learning) extracurricular activities before school, at lunch times, after school and in school holiday periods 5 days a week.
The Sports coach level 4 has an important role to play in improving the health & wellbeing of children, families & communities by delivering fun, inclusive & engaging activities that help to bring about a change in physical activity habits. Some more of the duties include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support the delivery of PE lessons
- Lead extra-curricular activities
- Organise & support physical activity and engagement at break & lunch times
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 School sports Coach
- Level 2 PE and School Sports Certificate
- Level 2 Award in Multi-skills Coaching/Development in Sport
- CPD in Supporting Behaviour Change
- Mental Health & Wellbeing CPD workshop
- PE CPD - National curriculum PE (invasion games, striking and fielding games, net and wall games, athletics)
- CPD training/resources in dance
- Activity Instructor award in gymnastics
- Activity Instructor award in Fencing
- Various Sector related sports activator courses ( Net & Wall, Invasion Games, Creative movement etc)
We have an intensive training structure to ensure that our staff are qualified to the highest possible standard. Our most talented and ambitious professionals can make their way through our bespoke career pathway. Those with a mind for business can even work their way to owning and running their own franchise or licence under the Premier Education Group umbrella. A clear progression and career pathway is on offer for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Organisation skills, Creative, Need to be very enthusiastic, Willing to learn, Adaptable, Positive outlook, Trustworthy, Friendly and Approachable, Polite, Mature, Adventurous, Open Minded, Highly Motivated, Own Transport, Good Time Keeping, Inspirational Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C or 9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C or 9-4) Desired
Other Foundation Coaching Qualification/s (Grade PASS) Desired Things to consider
You will work in several schools around Yeovil, Sherborne and Dorchester. Your own transport is essential.