What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will deliver the PE curriculum within lessons to all year groups (EYFS to Year 6)
- Will promote exercise through activities at lunchtime
- Will co-ordinate and deliver a range of sporting after school clubs for all year groups
- Will accompany children to swimming lessons, coordinating sports fixtures with other schools, sharing information with parents with regards to out of school opportunities
- Use the school environment to promote sport and exercise.
- L4 Apprenticeship Standard in Sports Coach
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Work based project and presentation with questioning
- Practical observation with questioning
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will need to be able to attend a training course at Loughborough College starting on Monday 1st August 2022 for 3 weeks Monday to Friday. (Please ensure you are able to travel before applying)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
- Higher Education
- Employment at the school
- Coaching in education
- Community sports coaching
- International sports coaching
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Level 4/Grade C or equivalent) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or equivalent) Desired Things to consider
• You will be employed to work with children full time in a school as a member of staff, not a student. • Any offer of Apprenticeship will be subject to a full DBS and Satisfactory References. • Additional training may take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying. • Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.