What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager - Trading, this role offers opportunities for commercial experience, influencing decision making, cross functional working and exposure to senior management. This role sits across both our Bestway Retail business units providing support for both Crewe and York based departments.
The role suits a commercially minded finance or analyst professional, who is excited by the opportunity of joining a successful business at a pivotal time in its growth. For a dynamic and self-motivated individual, this role offers exceptional opportunities to develop stakeholder management and commercial finance experience in industry.
Your main responsibilites
- Trading sales and margin reporting
- Supplier income rebate analysis for BRL anf CSG
- Supplier income debt reporting
- Providing insight and commentary on sales and margin performance - weekly and monthly
- Supporting traders with deep-dive analysis
- Promoting campaign analysis
- Providing additional adhoc support to trading teams
- Retail and wholesale pricing analysis
- Provide analytical, forecasting and reporting support to BRL trading teams in Crewe and York
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Strong MS excel skills
- You will have an accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in financial modelling
- Strong commercial background, gained either via an industry route (ideally retail or FMCG sectors)
- Proven ability to build productive business relationships with a wide network of finance and non-finance colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication style and a proven ability to influence a variety of senior stakeholders
- Experience in handling large volumes of data with good attention to detail
- Robust, enthusiastic and proactive in setting own agenda
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship
- 18 month long programme
- 1-1 online sessions with tutor every 4 weeks
- 20% off-the-job
Potential to be offered a full time position upon apprenticeship completion
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Logical Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4 (A*-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 (A*-C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Accountancy (Grade C or above) Essential