What will the apprentice be doing?
The key reposibilities and tasks will be;
- To lead sports sessions at a variety of settings including nursery schools, primary schools, holiday camps and community venues.
- To manage safeguarding and welfare requirements at all settings
- To effectively manage children's behaviour within sessions using a variety of tools and strategies.
- To lead and manage a holiday camp venue.
- To communicate appropriately with key stakeholders including parents, teachers, colleagues
- To support and manage new coaches and their development and training
- Overall management of the day-to-day operations for coaching in nursery, school and community settings
- To create and develop effective and long-lasting relationships with schools and nurseries.
- To identify talented children, and grow and nurture these talent
- To observe and assess other coaches and help them improve their skills
- To identify gaps and needs in the children's sports coaching market, and innovate in developing new products and services
- To manage and understand responsibilities related to running sports childcare sessions.
Candidate must have access to their own transport and be able to get themsleves and any required equipment to all coaching venues in a timely manner.
Candidates must have access to their own office space with internet access. There is no fixed place of work.
Working hours will be flexible. Up to 8 hour a day shifts, including weekend work.
30 hours a weekWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete the Level 4 Sports Coach apprenticeship through;
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Weekly online training
- Weekly in- house mentoring and support
- Higher Education- in particular Education and Sports Courses
- Community Sports Coach
- Primary PE coach
- Other educational roles
- Permanent coach within Sport4Kids organisation
- Senior Children's Activity Professional
This apprenticeship prepares you for employment in a school sport setting and provides opportunities for you to work as a physical education and school sport professional.
This qualification has the professional recognition of The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) at level 4.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Passion for coaching, Enthusaism Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Level 4/ Grade C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/ Grade C) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Level 3 Sport-related Qualification (Grade Pass/ Grade C) Desired
Other Sports Coaching Qualification or equivalent (Grade Level 1 minimum) Desired Things to consider
Applicant must have access to their own transport and be able to travel to venues with any required equipment in a timely and efficient manner. Must be available at weekends. Apprenticeship will be subject to a full DBS and Satisfactory References. Sport4Kids Nottingham has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.