What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Dimensional control of civil engineering projects
- Assisting design teams with civil engineering solutions
- Supervision of labour and sub-contractors
- Contribute to the control of health and safety
- Recording, control and reporting of progress of the project
- Contribute to the minimisation of the environmental impact
- Control the quality of works
Level 4 Construction Site Engineering Technician
Apprenticeship duration 36 months
College - Leeds College of Building
Please note: If no prior appropriate Construction qualification - Bridging units will need to be undertaken at an additional 6 months to apprenticeshipdurationWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade Grade 5 (B) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 5 (B) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade Grade 5 (B) or above) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Construction and the Built Environment (Grade Pass or above) Desired