Cogent Skills is working with DePuy Synthes to recruit an Apprentice Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician (Electrical/Mechnical). This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a global chemical company with great development opportunities. The DePuy Synthes Apprenticeship is designed to create the engineers of the future.
Cogent Skills is currently recruiting for an Apprentice Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician (Electrical/Mechanical) to join DePuy’s growing team. The MOET Technician will undertake installation, testing, servicing, removal, replacement, maintenance and repair of a range of electrical plant and equipment as part of planned preventative and reactive maintenance programmes.
At the end of their training, the Technician will apply their knowledge of plant, systems and machine tools to safely perform maintenance and operational activities with minimum supervision. This will require them to:
- Comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations
- Locate and rectify faults on plant, equipment and machine tools
- Read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
- Inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
- Assess and test the performance and condition of plant, equipment and machine tools
- Communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification
- Position, assemble, install and dismantle electrical plant and equipment, which will include motors, switchgear, cables and conductors, to agreed specifications
- Carry out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance procedures on electrical plant and equipment.
- Replace, repair and/or remove components in electrical and mechanical plant and equipment to ensure its return to a safe operational condition.
- Diagnose and determine the cause of faults in electrical and mechanical plant and equipment
The Apprentice will follow the new employer-led Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard, which will combine practical, technical and behavioural training with theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology.
The apprenticeship offered by DePuy Synthes blends on the job practical experience with day release at college for theoretical learning. The company is committed to developing the talent of new employees.
From day one you will be working with qualified engineers helping you to develop your skills within a manufacturing environment. You will work in an energised and supportive workplace with a personal mentor and earn a competitive salary.
ABOUT DEPUY SYNTHES
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Leeds are working to build an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
DePuy Synthes, the Orthopaedic company of Johnson & Johnson is a leading UK manufacturer of world leading orthopaedic implants.
From development and manufacture through to supply, DePuy Synthes possesses all the technical knowledge and support resources to assure the success of the projects we are involved in, on a global scale.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSEs grade 4/C or above including English, Maths and Science
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and confident individual who has a high level of personal pride in their work
- Positive attitude and results focused
- Willingness to learn
- Aptitude and passion for science and understanding how things work
- Act professionally, ethically and conscientiously
- Focus on quality and maintain concentration with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicate effectively using a full range of skills
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Time management and ability to complete work accurately to schedule
- Work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- Practical aptitude
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes
- Analytical thinker with the ability to approach problems in a logical manner
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 3 Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
Cogent Skills and DePuy Synthes have developed an ‘Apprenticeship Training Plan’ that describes the training the Apprentice will need to meet the Standard. It includes a mixture of external and internal training that will ensure the Apprentice is fully competent by the end of their programme and ready to take the Apprenticeship end point assessment.
The Apprentice will receive a minimum of 20% of their training away from their day-to-day job. This external training may be delivered on a day release basis by the provider.
The Apprentice will gain transferable core skills and knowledge. In addition; they will gain skills specific to the working practices of DePuy.
Annual wage will increase as you work toward completion of your Apprenticeship. If you demonstrate a pro-active practical aptitude with problem solving skills and are willing to accept responsibility, there will be great opportunities for progression within the company and potentially gain an engineering degree qualification.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Working within a heavily regulated environment requires strict adherence to in-house protocol and HSE legislation with a high degree of integrity and attention to details in all aspects of work.
- This is a 4 year Apprenticeship with training up to Level 3 and on successful completion you will be able to perform at a high level of accomplishment
- Please ensure you can travel to the company.
- Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with DePuy Synthes. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity, all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills website. Those who have previously expressed an interest in DePuy roles must also apply in this way.