The DePuy Synthes Apprenticeship in Operations is designed to create the engineers of the future. You will have the opportunity to develop technically, professionally and personally to acquire the mechanical competency to:
- Set Operate and Program CNC machinery (Mill/Turn/Wire)
- Program CNC machines using latest CAM software
DePuy Synthes Apprenticeship programme is designed to create a multi-skilled engineer capable of running multiple machines using different programming languages and provide Operations support throughout the organisation.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, as a Multi-Skilled CNC associate you will:
- Work with engineering, Quality, supervision
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and in accordance with the company’s in-house procedures, 6s housekeeping standards and any relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Take ownership of continuous improvement initiatives in your immediate working area to maximise efficiency, reduce waste and establish good working practices and standards of safety.
- As required assist with the identification of new plant and equipment.
You will be required to:
- Work to the company’s operating procedures, standards using programs such as (Compliance Wire, Adaptive, JDE)
- Gain a thorough understanding of the company’s procedures relating to your area of work.
- Deliver a right first time quality product.
- Embrace the company initiatives (Right First Time, GMP)
- Ensure break-downs and requests for engineering assistance are addressed within a timely manner.
- Ensure work is managed in a professional manner and relevant parties are kept fully abreast of progress.
- Ensure plant, equipment are maintained in accordance with the company’s planned maintenance schedule.
The apprenticeship offered by DePuy Synthes blends on the job practical experience with day release at college for theoretical learning. The company is committed to developing the talent of new employees.
From day one you will be working with qualified engineers helping you to develop your skills within a manufacturing environment. You will work in an energised and supportive workplace with a personal mentor and earn a competitive salary.
ABOUT DEPUY SYNTHES
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Leeds are working to build an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
DePuy Synthes, the Orthopaedic company of Johnson & Johnson is a leading UK manufacturer of world leading orthopaedic implants.
From development and manufacture through to supply, DePuy Synthes possesses all the technical knowledge and support resources to assure the success of the projects we are involved in, on a global scale.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSEs grade 4/C or above including English, Maths and Science
- Flexible and adaptable approach to meet the changing business needs
- Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself
- Focusing efforts on delivering results and improvements
- An innovative creative approach
- Ability to think independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player - ability to get along with colleagues and work as part of a team
- Organisational skills
- Confidence to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Drive, enthusiasm and ambition with a can-do approach
- Problem solving skills
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
Annual wage will increase as you work toward completion of your Apprenticeship. If you demonstrate a pro-active practical aptitude with problem solving skills and are willing to accept responsibility, there will be great opportunities for progression within the company and potentially gain an engineering degree qualification.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Working within a heavily regulated environment requires strict adherence to in-house protocol and HSE legislation with a high degree of integrity and attention to details in all aspects of work.
- This is a 3 year Apprenticeship with training up to Level 3 and on successful completion you will be able to perform at a high level of accomplishment
- Please ensure you can travel to the company.
- Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with DePuy Synthes. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity, all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills website. Those who have previously expressed an interest in DePuy roles must also apply in this way.