Shooting Stars provides the ultimate care and education for children. At our nurseries, children will receive a rich, stimulating nursery experience which will be a positive influence on their learning and development. We specialise in the care of babies and toddlers and pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of childcare.
Shooting Stars require an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join their workforce and complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Early Years Practitioner Standard.
During your Apprenticeship you will be expected to;
Work as a team member, within the guidance, leadership and coaching of that team, to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe, and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs, whilst undertaking theoretical and practical training, and completing tasks and assignments to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve a level 2 qualification in Early Years Practitioner;
- Adhere to and positively promote Shooting Stars Nurseries Policies and Procedures;
- Understand each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development;
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity;
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with children, parents, carers, staff and outside agencies
- Provide daily feedback and observe Working in Partnership Meetings as required, learning to communicate with parents and carers
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes;
- Learn how to plan, prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote children’s learning and development;
- Learn how to be key person for a group of children, by observing, monitoring and accurately recording each child’s development in line with the EYFS.
- Learn how to help children become independent through helping them acquire self-help skills, including, dressing, feeding, toilet training and an awareness of personal hygiene;
- Learn how to provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children;
- Understand how to demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion;
- Learn how to continuously improve the quality of childcare and education;
- Learn about how to keep children safe and understand when and how to follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Understand and ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice. Understand how to share responsibility for safeguarding all children within the nursery.
As an Apprentice you will be included on an Early Years Practitioner Standard. Your standard will be delivered by Babcock Training who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer delivering face to face training and, e-learning, and workplace mentoring to guide you through your Apprenticeship.
Following successful completion of a level three childcare qualification, Shooting Stars Nurseries will guarantee a permanent, full time position to the applicant.
• Good verbal communication
• Ability to listen to and follow instruction
• Use own initiative
A*–C Grade for GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualification would be desirable but not essential.
• Have a sense of humour
• Calm and patient
• Appreciate and respect diversity
• Self confident
• Self motivated
• Passionate and dedicated
Things to consider
Please note you could be asked to interview earlier than date advertised, as the dates are a general guide, once we have found the right applicant, we will close the position. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
Why work for Shooting Stars?
We support all staff to meet their full potential through training and development opportunities
We offer an auto-enrolment pension scheme
We offer a generous staff childcare discount (subject to terms and availability)
Staff are given paid ‘Time-Out’ of ratios to facilitate effective planning, assessment and detailed documentation
All staff have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a confidential support and advice service
Upon joining us we provide you with a thorough induction program and we pay for your DBS check
Uniform is supplied
Our environments are inspiring, and well maintained
Our well considered budget for the development of educations supplies enables our teams to feel empowered to develop the curriculum responsively to the children’s needs
We have a dedicated staff break room
We subsidise social events for our staff to encourage team morale
Each setting runs a staff recognition scheme to celebrate excellence
To continue please click apply. At this point you will enter the Babcock Training website where you can review the Job Vacancy in more detail and apply. Please complete the application form. Your details will be sent to the Employer. Any enquiries please call Debbie on 01704 502 243.