What will the apprentice be doing?
Working alongside your designated supervisor the role will be varied and each day will be different to include below:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Preparing, submitting and agreeing monthly cost reports.
- Preparing, submitting and agreeing periodic valuations for work completed to date with trade contractors and the client.
- Preparing 'rolling' final account and retention release.
- Preparing cost value reconciliation (CVR), creating regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report.
- Placing orders and instructing trade contractors, including compiling subcontracts/works, contracts/trade contracts.
- Managing multiple projects at any one time, in co-ordination with the Project Manager and site teams.
- Measuring and pricing tenders from various levels of information.
- Negotiating with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Preparing and monitoring tender event schedules.
- Compiling trade contract bid documents, carrying out tender analysis and issuing purchase orders.
- Attending Client, Design Team and Trade Contractor meetings when required.-Preparing cost value reconciliation (CVR), creating regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 HNC or Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship
- Study at LSBU Southwark Campus
- One day per week off-the-job-training.
Career in Quantity Surveying in Construction.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent any related subject (Grade EEE) Desired
BTEC or equivalent any related subject (Grade MPP) Desired