Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
What you will do
We are offering a full-time permanent opportunity where you will enroll onto a 4-year Advanced Manufacturing level 3 Apprenticeship program. This apprenticeship will cover the setting & operating of 5 and 3 axis CNC milling machines and CNC lathe. Introduction to CNC programming and CAD/CAM programming.
You will gain hands on skills including manual machining, welding and grinding. Training in the use of automated and manual inspection equipment. Working as part of a team and learning the engineering process of die manufacturing. And will Learn the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System including 5S, SPS, TPM and visual management.
After successfully completing your 4 year Advanced Manufacturing level 3 Apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to progress on to the Degree level to support your progression.
If you hold / working towards a similar / same qualification of the same level or higher than you will not be eligible for this apprenticeship vacancy.
How you will do it
• Setting up CNC milling machines for die manufacture.
• Setting up CNC lathes to produce parts crucial to the die cast process.
• Performing inspection tasks on all manufactured parts.
• Repairing tools used in the clipping process using welding and spark erosion techniques.
• Applying JCMS skills to ensure a smooth running toolroom.
What we look for
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or same level qualification grade 5-9 or A-C in old grading system including Maths and English Language.
• Must hold the right to work in the UK.
• We are looking for someone with a practical mind, attention to detail and a wiliness to learn.
• The ideal candidate will be able to work responsibly whilst observing health and safety guidelines.
• To hold a Full UK drivers licence.
What you will get
If you are successful we can offer you a company culture that promotes work life balance, a commitment to continued learning and development, access to mental health support, a fantastic benefits package which includes a competitive salary that will increase as you progress through your apprenticeship, pension, life assurance, employee assistance program, employee referral scheme, discount on Johnson Controls security products including ADT Smart Home plus voluntary schemes for childcare vouchers, cycle to work, eye care vouchers and holiday purchase.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Interviews for the role are expected to be completed in Spring, although we have the right to close the role early should suitable applicants be found in advance of this date.