- Location: Manchester Airport
- Function: Technology (IT) / Cyber Security
- Roles: Cyber Security Risk & Compliance and Cyber Security Operations
- Apprentice salary: £17,000 or £19,975 (inclusive of 17.5% shift allowance)
- Contract information:
- 36.25 Hours (Full Time - Office Hours) or 36.25 (Full Time – Shift Pattern)
- Initial 4-year Fixed Term
- Planned salary increases throughout the apprenticeship (paid annually)
ARE YOU MAGNIFICENTLY ANALYTICAL?
Our Cyber Security Technical Professional apprenticeship is all about applying your business and analytical skills to keep our business ‘digitally safe’. With our training behind you, you will have everything you need to help our airports thrive and your career to soar.
You will be sponsored by Megan Poortman, our Head of Cyber Risk and Compliance for MAG, and Tony Johnson, our Head of Security Operations (Technology). Megan and Tony are just two of the many great people that work for Peter Williams, our Chief Information Security Officer, but you will learn that for yourself when you get here.
In the meantime, we want you to know that you will be part of a high-performing and supportive team.
About the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to support the execution of MAG’s Cyber Security Strategy. The Cyber Security Apprentice will support operational components of incident management, conduct risk assessments, perform compliance activities in line with MAG’s Information Security Management system (ISMS) and support privacy tasks in line with MAG’s privacy and GDPR compliance.
The Cyber Security Apprentice will work closely within the Cyber Security and Data Protection functions and business units across MAG. They will have some responsibility for the day-to-day security incident response process, some risk management activity, and compliance activities across Manchester Airports Group.
Amongst other things, the successful applicant will:
- Support all the risk-related activities of MAG’s IT organisation, including planning, testing, reporting, and recommending appropriate remediation measures.
- Identify any gaps between the desired level of compliance and the current level of maturity.
- Liaise with the cyber security engineering team to respond to significant emerging threats and recommend tactical steps to counteract these threats.
- Perform audit-related tasks such as ensuring the readiness of IT managers and their organisations for audit testing and facilitating the timely resolution of any audit findings.
- Monitor third-party adherence to IT compliance requirements and address any and all instances of non-compliance.
About the apprenticeship:
A cyber security technical professional operates in business or technology / engineering functions across a range of sectors of the economy including critical national infrastructure (such as energy, transport, water, finance), public and private, large, and small.
The Level 6 Cyber Security Technical Professional (Integrated Degree) is an established apprenticeship that has been delivered since September 2018. Typical Industry Job Roles post-apprenticeship include:
- Risk Manager;
- Risk Analyst;
- Research Analyst;
- Incident Manager;
- Security Engineer; or
- Security Design Engineer.
With the knowledge you will gain over two years, you will be able to:
- Makes concise, engaging, and well-structured verbal presentations, arguments, and explanations.
- Demonstrates business disciplines, ethics, and courtesies, demonstrating timeliness and focus when faced with distractions and the ability to complete tasks to a deadline with high quality.
- Able to demonstrate a ‘security mind-set’ (how to break as well as make).
As a minimum, we need you to:
- Have three A Levels (or equivalent), which ideally includes a STEM Subject (desirable not essential).
- Be able to handle sensitive information with integrity and sensitivity.
- Willingly take responsibility, show initiative, and be organised at all times.
- Be flexible to changing circumstances.
- Live in England.
How to apply:
Please note, you will not be able to apply for this role after Sunday 24th July 2022. If your initial application is successful, the next stage of selection will involve an online assessment and a pre-recorded video interview question. This invite will be issued week commencing 25th July and will need to be completed within seven days of invitation. Final interviews are expected to take place week commencing 15th August 2022.
Equal opportunities and reasonable adjustments:
MAG is a value led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG, we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us (email@example.com) of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.