Museum Support Apprentice
We welcome applications from residents of North Herts and surrounding areas, and these applications will be made on merit.
Total hours per week: 37 hours a week
What will the apprentice be doing?
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for an entry-level position within the Museums team, based at our North Herts Museum in Hitchin. Duties will include supporting the Museum Education Officer to provide an efficient service for the museum and its customers. You will help with the delivery of the Education Service, including school and holiday workshops, and will help with all aspects of the School Loans Service, including its modernisation.
- As part of your employment, you will study for and complete a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Cultural Learning and Participation.
- Basic experience of dealing with people in a polite and friendly manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic Word & Excel
- Ability to relate to children and adults
- Ability to work as a member of a team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a full-time apprenticeship where every month you will have a visit with a trainer to help and coach you through your apprenticeship whilst gaining experience within your employment.
By the end of the apprenticeship, you will achieve the Cultural Learning and Participation L3 qualification and my also be offered a full-time role after completion.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- In the future, we will help to guide you with new opportunities and the chance to progress within the company.
Generous annual leave
Occupational sick pay
Free cark parking
Discounts, including 50% off gym membership
Flexible working options including Flexi scheme
Local Government Pension Scheme (18% employer contribution)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
- IT skills
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths / English (Grade 4) desirable
Things to consider
If you would like an informal chat about the post, you can contact Ros Allwood, Cultural Service Manager on (phone number removed).
About the employer
We are dedicated to promoting a healthy work/life balance and making each member of our team feel that they are making a difference to the local community and are valued by our organisation. You will be encouraged to try new things and develop your knowledge and skills; your colleagues and Manager will be there to support you throughout your apprenticeship.
North Herts Council
Council Offices Gernon Road Letchworth SG6 3JF
TRAINING EVENT SAFETY SOLUTIONS LTD
Cultural learning and participation officer
Level 3 (A level)