We are looking for an up-and-coming Compliance individual to join the team in London who is passionate about taking their first step within the payments, financial services, or FX industry. As a Compliance/Risk Officer you will help manage the day-to-day running of the Transaction Monitoring and End-Customer Onboarding systems, ensuring that Compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed monitored, controlled, and reported as required.
This role will require the candidate to commit to 08:30 - 17.00 shifts on a weekly basis.
- Conduct a review of customers' applications at the point of onboarding
- Carry out enhanced customer due diligence (ECDD) and know-your-customer (KYC) on new customers
- Conduct sanction/PEP screening and investigate potential hits
- Conduct monitoring of existing applications to ensure that documentation is up to date
- Support data-protection compliance
- Complete Compliance administration (record training, keeping customers records up-to-date) as required
- Analyse payment and compliance data to identify trends and patterns
- Review the effectiveness of current monitoring rules and settings and provide feedback on ways to optimise
- Continuously review current processes and suggest improvements to the process as well as systems used
- Work cross-departmental to proactively identify and resolve operational compliance queries
- Undertake assigned Compliance project work
- Identification and reporting of suspicious activity to relevant global financial intelligence units
- Proactively escalate urgent cases to the MLRO/DMLRO for further review
- Keep up-to-date with current and future regulatory changes that affect the business and use this knowledge to proactively suggest improvements to compliance policies and procedures.
The candidate will be joining a small team so we will be expecting them to taking a leading role within the compliance department by the end of the apprenticeship. This will potentially include managing a team and having a voice on how the future of our compliance department operates.
As a Compliance/ Risk Officer Apprentice you will undertake the Compliance/ Risk Officer Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the ICA Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering, Compliance, or Financial Crime Prevention.
5 GCSEs at grade 4 including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications
- Basic Excel & Word
- Willingness to learn new operational skills within compliance software
- Ability to work independently to manage assigned tasks to ensure daily targets are met
- An accountable worker who takes ownership of cases from start to finish
- Team player who enjoys working with others in order to achieve a shared goal efficiently and effectively • Ability to reprioritise and multitask at short notice to meet tight deadlines
- Have an interest in having a career in Compliance within the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry
- Be articulate, numerate, organised, hardworking and able to build excellent relationships.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more details.
Duration: 15 Months to Permanent