What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Take ownership of selected smaller UK Airports (FBOs) accounts, both from a Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet perspective, ensuring timely and accurate financial reports are generated.
- Review P&L's at month end against the company's internal budgets
- Provide insightful variance analysis explaining all relevant differences
- Ownership of specific balance sheet account reconciliations with support from Management Accountants
- Ownership of the financial control environment relating to your designated FBOs including identifying and implementing improvements with support from Finance Manager
- Site visits to designated FBOs to business partner and improve processes and controls
- Support Management accountants with ad-hoc project and analysis requests as and when they arise. Please note this is a significant component of the workload e.g.
- Develop and manage process for capturing new customer VAT data e.g. AOC Licences
- Development of EC Sales List Reporting
- Signet billing system functionality
- Hive-up of UK trading entities
- Improvement of Support Services Balance Sheet reconciliation process
- Proactively engage with FBO management to enhance understanding of their respective financials and assisting in optimising financial performance
- Support Management accountants with the External Audit process and production of Statutory Accounts
- Support Management accountants with preparation of the half year and full year Group Tax and Statutory Packs
- Ensure that Sales Invoicing is done accurately and on time including the correct application of VAT and maintenance of customer VAT records
- Assist FPA to generate ad hoc financial reports
- Study as part of completing professional accounting qualification
- Review and approve the supplier invoices on the system and ensure that the invoices are coded to the correct accounts
- Ensure that all inter-company recharges and external recharges are processed on time
- The above list is not exhaustive, and employees may, at any time, be required to complete other duties reasonably expected.
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ICAEWprofessional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to move into one of the qualified management accountants roles after completing apprenticeship course.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Strong work ethics, Committed to self-development Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4 and above) Essential
Other Any degree; any subject (Grade 2:1 and above) Essential Things to consider
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s). BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more details.