What will the apprentice be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An awareness of British Standards, Building Regulations and Industry Design Guides, when to refer to these and how to apply them into design projects. An awareness of the Construction Stages and Delivery with the ability to understand and work to a project's programme
- An understanding of the Company's standards, procedures, culture and core values in relation to our Clients and Professional Services, with an awareness of how this relates to the company business plan and objectives.
- Accompany engineers on site visits and surveys to further understanding of the built environmental and the construction process.
- An understanding of the reading and production of design drawings and models
- An understanding and experience in producing engineering calculations both manually and computerized using the appropriate technical software applications
Using specialist 3D and 2D software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Develop general understanding of energy efficient design, low/zero carbon technologies, BREEAM and Passsive House Design.
The successful candidates will be working towards a Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship in Building Services Engineering (BEng) and on completion of the Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment achieve the Engineering Council's IEng Chartership Status.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion, you will start to manage your own projects under the supervision of the Senior Engineers.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade Pass) Desired
A Level or equivalent Science (Grade Pass) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Construction (Grade Merit) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Merit) Desired