What will the apprentice be doing?
At Bridge Partners you will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic businesses doing amazing things and make a big impactwhilst also studying withAnglia Ruskin University.
· To enhance your technical knowledge and gain experience in how technology plays an essential role in local businesses, you will be working within the Service Desk team where you will be trained to deliver professional IT support by email and telephone.
· You will also be given the opportunity to get involved in challenging IT projects, monitoring client's infrastructure/services remotely as well as configuring and building client machines in the Bridge Partners office.
· Working towards aBSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions at Anglia Ruskin University.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a professional apprentice you'll achieve a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship with Anglia Ruskin University, alongside real work experience. You'll be paid throughout and there are no tuition fees, as these are met by your employer and the Government.
At the start of the Apprenticeship you will receive a thorough induction to the company and an introduction to work and expectations. The Degree will start in September 2022.
• Apprentices will have an average of 20% of their working week dedicated to study related activity
• Delivered part-time over four years
• Blended learning: University block weeks, combined with online study and work-place learning
The BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree course includes a range of core modules related to the development of valuable employment focussed skills. These include:
• Fundamentals of Software Development
• Computer and Network Technologies
• Workplace Skills and Learning
• Fundamentals of Web Development
• Enterprise Analytics
• Digital Technology Solutions Design Project
• Digital Security, Forensics and Malware Investigation
• Professional Issues and Entrepreneurship in IT
• Apprenticeship Final Project
• Object Oriented Data Design
• Network Switching and Routing
• Object Oriented Data Programming (Specialist)
• Cloud Based Application Development and Security
• Information Security Management and Governance
• Data Application Programming
• Ethical Computing for Cyber Security Professionals
• Network and IT Infrastructures
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- At Bridge Partners, we are afamily. We are afriendly bunch with passion and ambition who thrive on teamwork, learningand development.
- Opportunities to gain technical knowledge with professional qualifications, exam bonuses and the chance to work on some interesting projects.
- Genuine progression prospects into any area of the business - we have some diverse IT work going on so you can find your niche.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Non judgemental
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C/4) Essential
Other aru.ac.uk/study/degree-apprenticeships (Grade See course entry requirements) Essential
Things to consider
What we need from you: - A passion for technology and for learning; you do not need to develop software, but you do need to have a basic understanding of how to administer IT and an appreciation for different user challenges. - Good customer service is key; you must be patient, friendly and confident in your communication. - Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through from identification to resolution. - Interest in a career in IT. In turn Bridge Partners will support your needs as you progress.