What will the apprentice be doing?
Cormac's Civil engineering apprentices will support experienced technical staff and work in key areas of the business on a 12-month rotation; including placements in highways maintenance, surfacing, contracting and design teams across the county.
- Consultancy - working with clients, CAD design, costings, an office based drawing and design role
- Contracts - working to help build the design, safety site management, on site with contractors and clients
- Network - maintaining and develop existing networks and schemes. working closely with clients and the public.
The role requires you to attend University of Exeter to complete a Civil Engineering degree level 6 apprenticeship, approximately 5 years and gain a professional accreditation Incorporated Engineer with the ICE.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an apprentice:
- you will complete the level 6 civil engineering degree apprenticeship;
- you will work towards your professional accreditation with the ICE
- you will experience a rotational training programme across the three main areas of the business.
- you will have specific operational and professional additional training, gaining professional cards, certificates as appropriate to the role.
- you will have a mentor or delegated engineer and be expected to gain your ICE professional accreditation.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a Cormac Apprentice you will be recruited on a permanent contract on a career grade scheme and after completing your apprenticeship and professional accreditation with the ICE, becoming an Incorporated Engineer, you will have the knowledge, experience and professional membership to progress and be rewarded with a great career in a developing company.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths, Science and one other science (Grade Three A's or B's or D's or M's) Essential