What will the apprentice be doing?
40% of your time (2 days) will be spent studying from home.
60% of your time (3 days) will be on the job training including:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Observing desk based activities and attending client meetings.
- Data entry - inputting client details into appropriate insurer quote engines.
- Managing claims to ensure a positive outcome for clients.
- Attending networking events remotely and across the South West to get to know the local small business community.
- Writing thought pieces for social media to build the brand.
This is ultimately a 3-year programme starting with an 18-month programme to achieve the Diploma level qualification and then a second programme of 18-24 months to get to ACII.
40% of your time (2 days) will be spent studying predominantly from home including:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Reading/researching/writing assignments and attending exams.
- Attending seminars and workshops (mainly remotely) including those provided by your trainer, insurers, and the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Study days can be flexible.
- On completion of your ACII, you will have your own client book to look after supported by a new apprentice, who will go on the same journey you did.
- You will support the new apprentice in their role.
- You will become an integral part of the small business community, promoting the Sense Risk brand.
- We will encorage you to promote your own profile by getting involved in the professional associations such as The Charted Insurance Institute and The British Insurance Brokers Association.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade C/4 (or equivalent)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Any) Essential Things to consider
The programme is open to anyone with or without insurance experience. You may already be in the sector and want to work with an employer that will support you with both time and training within your contractual hours to complete the qualifications. You will need to have a full UK driving licence at the end of the 3 years to visit clients.