What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- creating and maintaining software on a microsoft development stack
- managing configuration across workflow solutions
- communicating in language that is appropriate to the audience
- creating support documentation for applications developed
- supporting the development team in the creation, maintenance and configuration of technology solutions
- to be aware of and comply with the company's policies and procedures
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential