What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Ensure the safe and efficient performance of every production task in compliance with company procedures, approved engineering data and local Health and Safety requirements. Ensure Safe Systems of Work and risk assessments (assisting as necessary in the completion of risk assessments) are adhered to for engineering or manufacturing activities.
- Prepare product and process documentation by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Manage internal and/or Supplier Quality Notifications, and liaison with the required stakeholders for resolution.
- Liaise with internal and external customers to implement programme initiatives, such as the application of lean analysis methods, processes and tools.
- Carry out new product introduction and/or existing product modifications within engineering and/or manufacturing by contributing to activities such as facilitation of quality activities (including any testing and/or commissioning requirements), supplier approvals, gate reviews.
- Deliver financial planning or costing analysis such as:- estimation of costs for manufacture, supplying drawings or specification for quotations, obtaining manufacture quotes, calculating costs associated with quality problem or machine downtime.
- Develop new technology initiatives by contributing to activities such as, justifying capital investment equipment/system upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning.
- Produce and maintain reports measuring Key Performance Indicators for data management activities.
- Ensure processes and current methods of engineering and manufacturing are as efficient and cost effective, such as:- utilising time and motion analysis, line balancing and flow to achieve the required level of production output.
- Liaise with appropriate internal and external stakeholders at all levels to ensure that engineering and manufacturing operations are completed in line with the agreed time scales. Examples of stakeholders could include production managers, production operatives, auditors, suppliers, customers.
- Ensure work process and outcomes comply with any local, national and or international regulatory or compliance requirements. Such as :- maintain compliance to Aerospace Regulatory bodies (CAA, EASA,MAA) as well as the wider regulations (such as Anti Bribery and Corruption, Export Control).
- Resolve identified engineering and/or manufacturing problems such as:- contributing to the route cause analysis exercise applying appropriate levels of containment and corrective action.
- Produce engineering and/or manufacturing documentation (such as:- Build Manuals, Standard Operating Instructions/processes, Bill of Materials) to aid and ensure consistent, compliant and cost effective manufacturing processes.
- Review engineering or manufacturing methods to determine the most effective and economical method whilst meeting drawing/specification requirements.
The apprentices will be attending weekly classes at Farnborough College of Technology.
Throughout the apprenticeship they will achieve the following qualification(s): Higher National Certificate in Engineering.
The apprentices will receive a certificate for completing the Engineering Manufacturing Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
CNC Setter Operator
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Level 3) Desired Things to consider
Standing for long periods while operating machines