What will the apprentice be doing?
A great opportunity for anyone who is looking to progress further as a Software Developer. If you have experience/knowledge in coding and you are looking to join a global company in their exciting future development, then this could be just the role you are looking for. As a Software Developer Apprentice, you will be:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working with a talented team to develop, test, support and maintain web and desktop based applications, built on or within Microsoft Great Plains financial solution.
- Assist in the creation of functional design documents and time estimates.
- Analysing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Package and support deployment of software releases.
Full training towards L4 Software Developer will be provided by PETA Ltd. You will complete a 24-month apprenticeship.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Initiative, Desire to learn and improve, Keen interest in programming, Good understanding of OOP, Knowledge in C#, Knowledge of SQL Server Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Software Development, Computer Science or similar (Grade Pass or above) Essential Things to consider
We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing.