What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Processing accounts payable activities including paying supplier invoices and expenses.
- Managing customer agreements to ensure the correct processing of payments and account activities.
- Providing support to the Operations and Sales teams.
- Monitoring bank accounts to ensure sufficient funds and complete the required postings.
- Getting involved in portfolio management work in line with accounting standards.
- Producing daily bank reconciliations and ensuring that all discrepancies are dealt with.
- Responding to email and telephone queries.
- Any other administration requirements within the team
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 AAT delivered by EMA Training
- Training will be delivered on day release (1 day per week).
- The training will be delivered at EMA Training Campus in Derby.
Following on from your apprenticeship our hope is that you can continue to further your accounting knowledge as part of our accounts team, with the potential to complete further study up to Level 7 ACCA or CIMA qualifications.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade B) Desired