What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 1st line support to an external customer base 24x7.
- Ownership and management of tickets, ability to escalate issues when required, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of first line technical issues.
- Monitoring of customer networks in our Security Operations Centre
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers, update documentation, call escalation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Creative, Highly motivated Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential