What will the apprentice be doing?
· Assisting senior managers with the budgeting of construction projects
· Control of costs during a construction project
· Recording, control and reporting of income and expenditure on construction projects
· Valuation of progress on construction projects
· To assist senior managers with the legal and contractual issues on a construction project
· Assist with the selection and management of specialist contractors
· Contribute to the mitigation of disputes using accurate records
· Contributing to project review meetings
· Attend and participate in presentations and workshops and other company activities
· Supporting the administration of projects, and general office duties
· Taking responsibility for aspects of your training and ongoing development and for the collection of evidence in support of this
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship - Construction Quantity Surveying Technician
36 months training at Nottingham College 1 day per week on day release, term time only.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
· Be keen to develop their own individual skills and to ensure they are fully engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
· Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Professional
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for Apprentices is £4.81 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old Apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. * Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early