What will the apprentice be doing?
Our Cyber Security Technical Professional apprenticeship is all about applying your business and analytical skills to keep our business 'digitally safe'. With our training behind you, you will have everything you need to help our airports thrive and your career to soar.
You will be sponsored by Megan Poortman, our Head of Cyber Risk and Compliance for MAG, and Tony Johnson, our Head of Security Operations (Technology). Megan and Tony are just two of the many great people that work for Peter Williams, our Chief Information Security Officer, but you will learn that for yourself when you get here. In the meantime, we want you to know that you will be part of a high-performing and supportive team.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the execution of MAG's Cyber Security Strategy. The Cyber Security Apprentice will support operational components of incident management, conduct risk assessments, perform compliance activities in line with MAG's Information Security Management system (ISMS) and support privacy tasks in line with MAG's privacy and GDPR compliance.
The Cyber Security Apprentice will work closely within the Cyber Security and Data Protection functions and business units across MAG. They will have some responsibility for the day-to-day security incident response process, some risk management activity, and compliance activities across Manchester Airports Group.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support all the risk-related activities of MAG's IT organisation, including planning, testing, reporting, and recommending appropriate remediation measures.
- Identify any gaps between the desired level of compliance and the current level of maturity.
- Liaise with the cyber security engineering team to respond to significant emerging threats and recommend tactical steps to counteract these threats.
- Perform audit-related tasks such as ensuring the readiness of IT managers and their organisations for audit testing and facilitating the timely resolution of any audit findings.
- Monitor third-party adherence to IT compliance requirements and address any and all instances of non-compliance.
Cyber Security Professional (Intergrated Degree)What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Level 6 Cyber Security Technical Professional (Integrated Degree) is an established apprenticeship that has been delivered since September 2018. Typical Industry Job Roles post-apprenticeship include:
- Risk Manager;
- Risk Analyst;
- Research Analyst;
- Incident Manager;
- Security Engineer; or
- Security Design Engineer.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Non judgemental Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Ideally STEM (not essential) (Grade A* - C) Essential