What will the apprentice be doing?
Our Sports Development & Coaching Apprentice will support with the planning & delivery of our sports festival events, club outreach programmes, school curriculum & after school clubs.
The overall purpose of the role is to support Performance Sports with the delivery of high-quality events & programmes which engage young people in PE, school sport & activity in the Berkshire & South Oxfordshire area.
The School Sport Apprentice will be expected to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Develop an understanding of Performance Sports and how we plan, promote and deliver our programmes & events.
- Contribute to the planning, coaching & delivery of sports programmes & events.
- Assist in ensuring that the necessary equipment is prepared for our sports festivals, curriculum delivery & after school clubs
- Work with our Performance Sports Chief Operations Officer and Programme Manager to prepare registers, certificates and risk assessments for our events
- Understand good practice, procedures and policy to ensure all Performance Sports events & school PE delivery follow latest guidance and compliance.
- Develop communication skills to engage with local schools taking part in our programmes & events
- Be a role model to inspire and motivate young people
- Promote fair play and good sporting behaviour
Sports Coaching Level 4
You will have a range of training delivered through your apprenticeship with SCL Professional including:
Assignment and project work
1-2-1 on site teaching and learning
Masterclasses and talks
Additional training and support relevant to your apprenticeship will be delivered by Performance SportsWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme, you may be offered the opportunity of a permanent role within the organisation or the opportunity to progress onto a higher level apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language and Mathematics (Grade 4 - 9 (C or above)) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Advanced Level 3 NVQ in sports development (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
The successful candidate is required to have a full clean driving licence with access to their own transport. This is due to the successful candidate needing to travel to various sites.