What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work as part of a team to...
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Learn a variety of finance skills, such as balance sheet reconciliations, auditor engagement, forecasting and budgeting
- Communicate and coordinating financial advice
- Attend weekly audit meetings, preparing answers to any queries
- Support Senior Financial Controller to provide answers to audit their clients
- Analyse data to meet compliance
- Assist in the creation and presentation of quarterly finance data to the business
You will study for a Level 4 Professional Accounting or Taxation Technician qualification over this 18 month apprenticeship. You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Microsoft want all of their apprentices to achieve their full potential. After your apprenticeship they'll work with you to find the best next step. That might be a permanent role, or a chance to progress to a degree level apprenticeship. Progression isn't guaranteed, but Microsoft offers a world of opportunities for high performers.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Understand complex data, High standards for performance, Time management skills, Adapt communication style, Support with decision making Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent in 5 Subjects including Maths and English (Grade 9-4 (A-C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subject (Grade A-C) Essential