What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Maintain safe work practices and adhere to safety regulations.
- Run Laboratory testing accurately and precisely using established test methods.
- Perform additive blending following requested formulations, handling chemical components and managing inventory.
- Communication of results to internal customers.
- Work to defined test timeframes and deadlines.
- Carry out calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain work area in a neat, clean, and safe condition.
All apprentices will study for a Technician Scientist, level 5 qualification, as well as being provided with role-specific training, with access to attend internal and externally run courses relevant to their role - some of which may result in additional qualifications.
We encourage individuals to research and request training that supports development.
Past apprentices have attended the following:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Internal and external Health & Safety training
- First Aid
- Fire extinguisher training
- Microsoft training tools
- Lubes 101
- Counsellor salesperson
Ongoing opportunities will be available to successful graduates of this programme.
- All apprentices will have access to apply for open vacancies within the business
- There may be scope to complete a full degree with us
- The knowledge gained within the role is in high demand within and beyond our industry; the qualification and practical experience can open doors to a long-term career
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Science (Grade Any) Essential