Why Atelier Nursery?
The early years of a child's life are incredibly precious. We want our children and their families to feel happy and secure, building positive memories that will stay with them always. That's why at Atelier we have created a unique nursery environment. We seek to balance the intimacy and nurture of a family home with quality resources, exciting learning and engaged staff.
Children are at the centre of all we do. When children join Atelier, the nursery very quickly becomes a special place not just for them but for the whole family. Our key family and free flow approach offer children freedom in a supportive environment, so they can be confident, skilful, and capable learners, who are respected and valued.
We are inviting applications from proactive candidates who will be responsible for delivering exceptional care and education for babies and young children whilst undertaking a formal qualification in childcare.
- To support key people in the care and education of children attending the nursery.
- To promote the wellbeing and safety of children.
- To support children to learning through play.
- Establish effective and nurturing relationships with children, acting as a role model.
- Support & liaise effectively with parents/carers participating in daily dialogue, planned meetings and parental information sessions.
- Monitor and provide for the general care, safety, and welfare of children.
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures of Atelier Nursery, those relating to the safeguarding of children, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection and reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
- Support the observation, planning & evaluation of learning opportunities for children.
- Implement and promote the philosophy of the nursery including free-flow, mixed-aged key family groups and an enabling environment.
- Work actively as a team member demonstrating respectful interactions and effective communication.
- To attend and participate in regular meetings to maintain personal and professional development to meet the challenging demands of the job, participate in further professional development as required.
- To attend staff meetings as and when required.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the challenging demands of the job, participate in further professional development, and promote and support staff in their development and training.
- In all contacts both internal and external the post holder is required to maintain and present the high-quality image of Atelier Nursery, as well as maintaining constructive relationships.
- To undertake other such duties, requirements, training, and hours of work as reasonably required which are consistent with the level of responsibility and expectation of this job.
- You will work alongside other members of staff to create a stimulating and caring environment to encourage children to learn.
Benefit of working at Atelier!
- High degree of 1:1 support.
- Bespoke and personalised training days written to meet the preferred learning style of the learner.
- In setting training at Outstanding Award-winning nurseries.
- Personalised development plan to include further training such as first aid and food hygiene as well as personal development opportunities such as theatre trips, and termly outings.
- WeCare support package.
- Guaranteed employment.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.