What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Learning to use Civil Engineering design software
- Reviewing and writing reports
- Working with tenders
- Providing calculations for a range of Engineering projects
- Learning the process of Civil Engineering projects, more geared towards highways and transport.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- University training as per timetable
- Full training by our internal team
- Access to various mini courses to boost development
- Support from industry experts and other Chartered Engineers
To progress through the ranks through Engineer and beyond. We do not want to stop developing people where they want to continue to progress. The opportunities at Pell Frischmann are vast with various routes available to suit an individuals chosen path.
Progression forms part of our yearly reviews and we take this seriously. Creating a bespoke plan for you to progress with us in your sector of Engineering.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent STEM subjects (Grade 7-9) Essential Things to consider
This role will be mainly office based and will focus on the technical elements of Civil Engineering Design. This will not be a role that will focus heavily with working on sites or monitoring actual construction, but instead the planning and pre-construction phases.