Award winning local authority providing a first class service to the residents of the Sevenoaks District.
This role is office based at our Sevenoaks office and the apprentice will need to be able to make their own way to and from the workplace. We have a free staff car park.
Description of vacancy
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people to join our busy Customer Solutions Validation Team. To learn new skills and receive first class training in order to deliver outstanding service to the residents of Sevenoaks District Council.
This role is crucial to ensure the smooth processing of all Planning and Housing Register applications received by Sevenoaks District Council.
- Register and acknowledge Planning applications
- Analyse drawings and supporting documents
- Assess for Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Validate applications within the policy timescales
- Follow set processes for each type of application
- Answer customer queries within corporate timescales and work within a rota system for phone cover and other tasks
- Liaise with applicants and agents regarding their planning applications
- Validate Housing Register applications
- Request and assess required documents to progress Housing Register applications
£177.97 per week
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.81 per hour from 1st April 2022 This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices, and those aged 19 or over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus 20% time spent in training.
Monday to Friday
Working week is 37 hours during the office hours
8.30am – 5pm (office hours)
1 hour lunch break (unpaid)
Reasonable breaks as required
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Good IT skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication and written skills
- Customer service
- Excellent Telephone Skills
- Team player
- Desire to learn new skills
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Ability to work with a flexible approach
GCSE Maths/English Grade 4 or above or equivalent
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.