This role offers an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and fast-growing financial services company based in the City of London.
StoneX’s two-year apprenticeships program will provide you with on-the-job exposure to the financial services industry and a chance to achieve an industry recognised qualification (CISI Investment Operations Certificate – Level 4). StoneX will thoroughly support you while you work towards your qualification by fully covering the costs of your courses, as well as providing you with an experienced & dedicated mentor and one day off per week to study.
You will gain a broad exposure to the Operations department as you rotate between different Teams every six months throughout your program.
Various tasks across the breadth of the Operations Department, including but not limited to:
- Help set up accounts, change personal details, add extra accounts, change commission and maintain account records and make sure it’s up to date as per the client’s request.
- End to end trade processing covering exchanges such as London Metal Exchange (LME) and ICE Europe (Intercontinental Exchange).
- Ensure our back-office system is in alignment with trades taking place throughout the day.
- Handling any ad-hoc request from clients regarding statements, accounts or trades query.
- Learn and understand the full lifecycle of a securities trade (equity, stocks and shares and fixed income, government bonds).
- Creation and delivery of trade confirmation: once trade is executed, sent confirmation to clients.
- After trade confirmation, learn and gain understanding of a settlement process.
- Develop knowledge in Regulatory requirements, processes and systems for several transactions and position based Regulatory reports.
- Provide oversight and impact assessments on Regulatory reports resulting from new markets, new products, business reorganisation, system changes and new/changed regulations.
- Assistant and investigate, remediate and provide guidance on issues with these reports and assist in developing controlled improvements.
- Shadow team members on improving current processes, procedures and reports, including automation of manual processes.
- Review daily submissions to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness. - Work with team members on Projects to log, track and update projects using JIRA.
As an Investment Operations Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Investment Operations Specialist Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in you being awarded CISI IOC qualification.
Duration: 24 Months FTC
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- A genuine interest in Financial Services
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals with a proven desire to acquire new skills
- Good problem-solving & collaborative skills
- Excel knowledge or willingness to undertake MOS course(s).
- Proactive and analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new changes and new challenges.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective planning, organisation and time management skills.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship program, you may be offered a full-time position.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more.