What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be primarily responsible for front-to-back account development of existing clients,
from onboarding activity and preparing promotional collateral through to agreeing and
implementing payment/invoicing processes. There will also be an element of developing
'true-new' business opportunities in a well established B2B department.
The Partnerships team are responsible for selling volume bus passes into academic and multi
sector organisations within Birmingham, Coventry and the Black Country. Also, the sales
team look for funded travel opportunities in both the public and private sectors.
You will be also working on an element of warm leads passed by the Business Development
You will be developing relationships at supervisory and management levels and engaging
with decision makers within multi-sector businesses. This will include all forms of
communication and presenting NXBus products on a face to face basis - this will take the
form of presentations and attending bus travel clinics at client premises, as well as providing
support for intake and freshers events in the academic sector, managed by the Academic
Your individual targets and day to day activity will be managed by the Senior Partnerships
KEY ROLES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILTIES
· Working to drive revenue, profit growth and customer acquisition across all sales channels
· Understand the needs of the business customers and build good working relationships
· Present the NXBus product favourably and in a structured, professional manner
· Work across a variety of industry sectors, for example; retail, public sector, financial and legal, amongst others
· Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
· Arrange meetings with potential customers to manage account activity
· Create and maintain weekly sales activity reports
· Represent NXBus at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
· Create workable solutions for both the company and the client
· Strategically plan your sales activity
· Performing administrative duties to support the department
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Sales Executive Level 4 apprenticeship
The apprenticeship training with be with us - Swarm Training, a national provider of apprenticeships through the UK. You will have 20% of your time set aside for paid apprenticeship self-studies with tutor support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full-time role depending on performance after the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills
Other No qualifications are required (Grade .) Desired