To support the Research Chemists in new product development, Critical Raw material evaluations, Product Benchmarking and Customer Complaint analyses. The Laboratory Technician will be required to always work in line with internal procedures and specifications and will be responsible for maintaining stocks of Raw materials and equipment.
- Collaborate with chemists and Senior Managers to deliver on the project goals
- Perform standard testing procedures, including prep of materials, with attention to detail and high quality
- Communicate clearly and document results to meet project landmarks
- Provide support for scale up of new products by Chemists in both a Pilot lab and Plant setting
- Maintain laboratory stocks of raw materials and equipment
- Support and cover for other team members
- Analyse and interpret test results. Present findings and prepare report
- Work in a laboratory environment while following all applicable EH&S guidelines
ABOUT MORRELLS WOODFINISHES LTD
Morrells Woodfinishes are a market leading British company specialising in high performance wood finishes, with a significant European brand profile and reputation as part of RPM International Inc.
A full range of high-performance wood finishes are available with a bespoke colour-matching service for paints, stains and tinted lacquers. To compliment the one-stop-shop for coatings, Morrells also offer our Sprayshop® brand of spray equipment and consumables for professional use.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- GCSEs grade 4/C or above including English, Maths and Science
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good teamwork
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Standard
Pearson BTEC Level 3 national Certificate in Applied science
Potential for a fulltime role with Morrells Woodfinishes Ltd following successful completion of the Apprenticeship.