We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Service Engineer to be part of our Nationwide Platforms Apprenticeship Scheme working in partnership with the North Warwickshire South Leicestershire College. As Apprentice Service Engineer you will be working with our team at our depot.
Our apprenticeships give you the unique opportunity to learn, work and gain hands-on experience of the mechanics, hydraulics and electrics behind our market fleet of powered access platforms. As well as training at a local depot, we ll also guide you through
training with the NWSLC as you work towards a level 3 Powered Access Engineering
Responsibilities include: -
• As a participant of the Nationwide Platforms Apprentice Training programme, the Apprentice Service Engineer will be developed to fulfil the role outlined as part of a structured training programme delivered in conjunction with the NWSLC
• Support the Location Service Manager in the effective running of the Depot Workshop.
• Carry out pre delivery inspection (PDI) of machines at depot or on site as required and in conformance with manufacture specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use.
• Repair machines at depot or on site as required ensuring conformance with manufactures specification and company policy.
• To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard.
• Maintain high levels of personal appearance, ensuring uniform and personal protective equipment are used correctly
The ideal candidate will have: -
• A-C Grades in Maths and English however not essential
• Passion for Engineering
• Good customer service skills
• Good organisation skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise deadlines
• Ability to work on own and as part of a team
• A Competitive Salary
• Health Cash Plan
• Inclusion in the company share scheme
• Pension capped at 5%
• 25 days holiday
For further information please contact the Recruitment Team on (phone number removed) or (url removed). If you do not hear within 6 weeks of your application please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 10,500 machines operating from a network of 32 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges