Our Finance programme is a great opportunity for those that don’t wish to go to university. Not only will you be gaining valuable experience through on-the-job, technical and professional skills training but we will also support you through an apprenticeship relevant to your chosen field. You’ll remain with your core team for the duration of your programme, allowing you to become an expert in your field. We are committed to you and your career, and so our apprenticeship roles are permanent roles from day one.
MINT’s Finance department supports the nine business divisions and all offices across the UK, Europe, Canada and Asia Pacific.
The role of Finance at MINT is varied and we are responsible for recording financial transactions, providing financial information to Markel Corporation, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory reporting obligations, planning and forecasting future performance and providing accurate financial performance information to key decision makers. MINT Finance is structured into three main operational areas; Financial & Regulatory Reporting, Reinsurance and Business Accounting & FP&A and Business Partnering.
What will you be doing?
Our Finance programme is a great opportunity for those that don’t wish to go to university. Make a head start in your career and earn while you learn as we provide you with everything that you need to be successful at Markel. You’ll spend your 18-month programme working alongside our accountants and technical experts across the different Finance operational areas. You’ll have a great opportunity to support with a variety of tasks such as processing financial transactions in our core financial system, preparing bank reconciliations, investigating account queries and much more!
In addition to on-the-job training, you’ll also be studying towards your AAT via a Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship.
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the full AAT Level 3 qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
Apprenticeship: 18 months Job: Permanent
The Markel Style
Pursuit of excellence
- Consistently provides quality work products
- Adapts behaviour to reflect the style of others to foster effective working relationships
- Finds the most efficient and practical means of overcoming challenges
- Actively looks for solutions to customer problems
- Seeks to further knowledge of customer needs
- Builds relationships with customers and responds to needs by demonstrating tact, empathy and professionalism
- Seeks the best and most direct option to accomplish tasks
- Demonstrates effective organisation skills
- Applies logic and draws accurate conclusions from information
- Helps others succeed
- Approaches change in a positive manner
- Listens for and acts on key information
- Holds self and others accountable to ethical standards
- Takes ownership and accountability for own development
- Shows accountability and resilience in achieving goals
What we look for
- 3 A Levels at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification)
- GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualification)
- Proven eligibility to work in in the UK
We are committed to you and your career, and so our apprentice roles are permanent roles from day one. Once you’ve completed your programme, we’ll continue to support you and your studies as you develop your career within Finance!
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more.