Atkin Trustees Limited is a family run pension consultancy providing services exclusively to small defined benefit pension schemes. The role would be working in our actuarial team along with two other colleagues and 6 actuaries (as well as 7 administration and finance staff).
The role of apprentice actuarial technician specifically includes the following:
- Undertaking various stages of an actuarial valuation including data collation and preparation.
- Calculations for pension scheme accounting
- Member calculations, specifically transfer values
- Preparing pension accounting disclosures
- Attending meetings as a key member of the team
- Undertaking liability and risk transfer exercises
- Drafting ad hoc reports
As an Actuarial Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Actuarial Technician Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. As part of this apprenticeship, you will complete Actuarial Technician modules in Practical Mathematics, Statistics Finance and Financial Mathematics.
Apprenticeship: 27 months Role: Permanent
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving abilities
- Communication skills
- Organizational know-how
- People skills
- A Level Mathematics at grade C or above (or equivalent qualification)
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification)
As a small firm, we believe in the importance of establishing knowledge of all areas of our business and all clients so you will be involved in all aspects of the work we do. Once you have completed your apprenticeship it will be up to you what area you would like to specialize in.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more.