We pride ourselves on our values of excellence, passion, integrity and collaboration and are a flexible employer with a forward-thinking outlook.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve the right balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that suits everyone. We support and nurture our people through our wellbeing initiatives.
Our business is defined by our people, so if you’re a team player, committed, talented and enthusiastic, you’re the kind of person we’re seeking.
About our programme:
Our Graduate Development scheme is a structured training programme made up of six key modules designed to support and empower you to develop your career. The modules will support you to develop your leadership and interpersonal skills and enable you to reach your potential. The programme itself lasts for two years which you will attend in parallel to your permanent role. This is complemented by technical, on-the-job training as well as learning from experts within our business.
In addition, if you decide to work towards your professional qualification while on the programme, we can provide all the support you require to complete this.
Our Environment team:
Our Environment Business provides ‘source to sea’ asset delivery capability across the UK and Scotland working on both Frameworks and Standalone projects. Since AMP3 we have delivered in excess of £2bn assets for clients such as Yorkshire Water, United Utilities, Anglian Water, Thames Water, Southern Water, Welsh Water and Scottish Water. As an established player in the market this a great opportunity to join the team at a time of transformation as we shape ourselves to be fit for delivery in a future digital world. We have recently secured a plethora of places on the AMP7 Frameworks for Yorkshire Water, Southern Water and Thames Water for both Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure projects ranging from £1-40m over the next five years.
What we’re looking for:
- Graduates from a wide range of backgrounds including Civil or Structural Engineering (or similar)
- Full UK driving licence (or currently learning) (desirable)
- Passion, flexibility, resilience and adaptability
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- A self-starter with a flexible but robust approach, and able to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated and curious, self-confident individuals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- A highly organised approach to work
- Willingness to get involved in key projects
- Ability to become a valued member of the team
Rewards and benefits:
- Agile working environment
- Competitive base salary
- Company car / car allowance (role dependent)
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase
- Discounted retail schemes
- Employee assistance programme
We have opportunities in the following locations:
- South West (Exeter/Plymouth)
- Thames area