Who are MHA?
At MHA, we are proud to be the UK's largest charity care provider and are dedicated to enabling older people to live later life well. With over 75 years’ experience we put people at the heart of everything we do in all our homes, schemes and community services across Britain.
We put people at the heart of everything we do, treating people as individuals, respecting and honouring their wishes and providing care in a way that’s best suited to each person’s specific needs through our values:
- We nurture mind, body and spirit
- We inspire the best in each other
- We respect every person, treating them with dignity
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The role of IT Service Desk Apprentice is to work in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure systems, services, activities and strategies in MHA work together to create value for the customer / end user and to evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, develop and implement solutions.
Why work with us?
Throughout your time with us you will be supported in your development by your line manager and a dedicated mentor.
In addition, you will be given the opportunity to develop a wider range of skills which enable you to make the most out of life such as money management, wellbeing and online safety.
- Respond to and resolve in a timely manner, application and functional issues that come from users within the organisation
- Use call logging software to record all details of the issue and to monitor and maintain an information flow back to the business of progress and resolution.
- To manage and escalate any issues that cannot be resolved internally to the third-party application support
- Actively participate, in conjunction with the organisation, Applications Support Team and vendor(s), any patch or maintenance updates to the applications to ensure data, process and enterprise integrity
- To maintain a comprehensive knowledge base and documentation set to ensure there is accurate and up to date work instructions, FAQ’s, training manuals, configuration documents and user guides are updated and released through governance
- Provide support when required to the enterprise training system, ensuring that any data transferred to meet that need, conforms to the business data protection policies.
- Support our continuous improvement initiatives which are aligned to our Total Quality Management approach through working with internal architects, vendors and users to identify and where applicable execute application improvements.
- To gain application expertise in fault-finding level of at least one of these enterprise applications; iTrent (HR), Careblox (HR/Operations) Open Accounts/eBis (Finance), Keystone/CX (Property), Coldharbour Income Processing (Finance).
Who are we looking for?
At MHA we are seeking enthusiastic, passionate and committed people who are looking for that first step into their career.
Ideally, you would enjoy:
- Working as part of a team
- Providing excellent customer experiences
- Using your creativity to solve problems and identifying solutions
- Developing your skills and knowledge
It is not a requirement for you to have prior experience working in payroll as LEAP will provide support and training to assist you in having every success in this role.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Key Features and Benefits:
- Salary band from £13,620 increasing incrementally to a final salary in year 2 to £18,480 per annum
- A favourable pension scheme where for every contribution that you make, MHA will help to top-up your pension pot
- Annual holiday entitlement of 28 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Working pattern 37 hours Monday to Friday
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee discounts through our MHA Cares For You scheme
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.