What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Overview of Ticket handling and daily updates.
- Supporting Clients for voice recording.
- Supporting CC1.
- Customer BAU tasks Adds moves changes.
- Daily System Health Checks.
- Proactive Monitoring of Voice Recording systems using monitoring tools.
- Investigate alarms, classify, and take the correct course of action (Raise tickets, alert relevant support teams, customer teams, etc)
- Escalate to senior Engineers when required.
- Liaise with manufacturer support for problem resolution.
- Liaise with Customers as and when required and completing service review requirements if needed.
- Perform OS Security Patch installations.
- Performing system restarts.
- Perform Recording Software Patching and Version. Upgrades
- Run SQL scripts as required
- Perform system troubleshooting and log analysis.
- Weekend On Call support.
- Project work when required.
- Potentially OOH support when required.
- Overall provide a 1st class service for our customers.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Install, configure and test network components, including optimisation and maintenance.
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical performance issues in networks.
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques when securely operating and testing Networks.
- Acquire and analyse network performance data to monitor network activity.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Good work ethic, Enthusiastic and committed, Independent Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
• Free on site car parking • 2 cafés • Amazing office location with beautiful grounds • 25 days holiday per year