What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You are accountable for the overall quality of your work through governance and validation to ensure that your projects are managed in line with the company's standards, contractual commitments, and ISO accreditations.
- You will assist in the technical delivery of small orders, configure and troubleshoot various network technologies and deliver to contract. You will work and shadow Junior Network Project Engineers on the delivery new projects. You will be responsible for the engineering build room through staging, upgrading CPE configurations, software and making sure network stock levels are maintained. You will also console all network hardware onto the company terminal server for engineers based in both Harrogate and Hyderabad.
- You will ensure accurate updates are provided to relevant internal stakeholders. You will ensure that any risks to delivery are identified, discussed and reported into your line manager.
- You will often be called on to support and provide general assistance to other project engineers or project managers during times of need.
- You will undertake a structured personal and technical personal training plan as part of your apprenticeship and agreed with your line manager.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Install, configure and test network components, including optimisation and maintenance.
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical performance issues in networks.
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques when securely operating and testing Networks.
- Acquire and analyse network performance data to monitor network activity.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Team working, Experience within IT, Routing and switching skills, WLAN, Highly self motivated, Prioritise of work loads, Able to work independently, Positive attitude Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
CCNA level in one or more following areas. Routing and switching, WLAN, Data Centre, Service provider or Security.