What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assisting with the preparation of corporation tax
computations and returns for review. This involves the accurate input of data from statutory accounts into the tax return software, liaising with the accounts team, considering and making the necessary tax adjustments and reviewing the output to ensure the accuracy before passing for review.
- Assisting the Corporate Tax team by ensuring that all corporation tax submission deadlines are met and clients are advised of tax liabilities within the relevant deadlines. This will involve checking and submitting corporation tax returns to HMRC records and contacting clients about their tax liabilities.
- Assisting with the preparation of P11Ds for review. This involves the accurate input of data provided by clients or extracted from our files into the P11D software, self-reviewing the forms for accuracy before
passing for review.
- Assisting with departmental administrative tasks including checking and filing HMRC correspondence, submitting tax returns to HMRC.
- Assisting the Corporate Tax Senior, Head of Corporate Tax and Director of Tax when required with other ad-hoc tasks and tax queries.
ATT Level 4 The ATT syllabus follows a modular structure, which consists of two core certificate papers and four optional certificate papers, allowing you to specialise in your own area of interest or expertise. To apply for full ATT membership, you must pass the two core papers, one of the four optional papers and the three computer-based exams (Law, Professional Responsibilities & Ethics and Accounting), plus have two years of practical work experience in UK taxation. Core papers: Personal Taxation Business Taxation Optional Papers: Business Compliance Corporation Taxation Inheritance Tax, Trusts & Estates Value Added Tax Computer-based exams Law Professional Responsibilities and Ethics AccountingWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time employment with a future career within the business
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
Other Basic Maths (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired Things to consider
Benefits Include: 25 days holiday including Christmas close-down, increasing dependent on length of service. Auto enrolment pension scheme. Cash health plan. Private medical insurance. Group Life insurance. Group income protection. Parking available on site.