Wetherspoon is looking for fun, enthusiastic, passionate people to join its hard-working teams. No previous experience is necessary and - as it recruits for personality and is a UK Top Employer with an award-winning training programme - Wetherspoon knows that it can teach you the skills to succeed.
Wetherspoon opens its doors early in the morning and sometimes doesn't close them until late at night, so offering great flexibility of working hours.
What's in it for you?
Wetherspoon offers competitive hourly rates for all team members, as well as the following benefits:
- a complimentary meal and a drink, when working a four-hour shift
- a 50% discount on food and soft drinks, when working; a 20% discount on all food, drinks and hotel accommodation (for you and up to three guests), when not working
- £1 extra per hour for those hours worked during midnight-5.59am
- bonus scheme - earn up to 19% of your pay
- availability of guaranteed-hour contracts and variable-hour contracts
- paid holiday
- free shares (after a qualifying period)
- loyalty reward scheme
- -£9.65 per hour (£7.50 for under 18s), availability of guaranteed-hour contracts and variable contract available.
- You will also be supported to achieve the required level in maths and English if not already achieved.
At a glance, your role is to deliver excellent customer service to make hungry and thirsty customers happy!
- To maintain a high level of customer care at all times
- To sell and serve all food and drinks to Company standard
- taking pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, ensuring that the kitchen
is cleaned and maintained throughout the day in accordance with guidelines
- striving, at all times, to achieve the food-delivery-time targets
- being aware of, and being knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and new products
in the pub
- responding to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support
Alongside your day-to-day work, you will be working towards your level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship which will take approximately 15 months. This is a blended learning experience, delivered on a one-to-one basis in your pub by an experienced trainer from Lifetime. There will be a mix of face-to-face and remote (telephone/video-call) visits, whatever mix suits you best. Your apprenticeship will be tailored to your individual development needs and will deliver life-long knowledge, skills, behaviours and confidence.