Since forming in 1999, Customer Care has been at the core of the Chalvington Group culture. Today it is recognised as a major force in the Telecoms, ICT and Converged markets, providing a diverse range of voice and data solutions to companies that don’t like to compromise.
Supplying organisations of all size and industry, from consultation right through to installation and training, our sales are backed by the ultimate in Customer Services from our dedicated, highly trained, and award-winning Care and Support Teams who work tirelessly in their pursuit of perfection.
With key roles held by long-standing staff, we have built a level of knowledge and degree of understanding that many strive for, but few achieve.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Main purpose: [of the apprentice:]
To provide First Line technical support to our IT customers in accordance with agreed Service Line Agreements and ensuring that specifications outlined by the Company are met and delivered in a professional manner.
Primary responsibilities: [will be to:]
- Provide telephone support / remote support from the Company offices
- Use management software to record all support calls
- Carry out workshop repairs and assist in the workshop, as and when required
- Complete all necessary documentation as required in order to facilitate job
- Ensure that all chargeable work is documented and up-to-date so the customer is correctly invoiced
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the position that may be assigned from time to time by the Company
Keep costing, customer profitability reports via:
- Consultation sheets
- Mileage records
What we are looking for:
Desired skills and attributes:
- Self-motivated with the ability to get on well with customers
- Have a confident and professional approach to their work
- Have a commitment to learning new processes
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- The ability to prioritise work loads
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
8:30am until 5pm, Mondays to Fridays -- however, you may be required to work outside these hours when necessary with 30 minutes for lunch normally taken between 12:00 and 2pm.
Total of 40hrs a week.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.