This job has expired

Materials Science - Degree Apprenticeship

Employer
LUCIDEON GROUP LIMITED
Location
Lucideon, Queens Road, Stoke-On-Trent, ST4 7LQ
Salary
£17,000.00 annually
Closing date
11 Aug 2022

View more

Specialism
Other
Sector
Unspecified
Role Type
Apprenticeship, Degree
Start Date
September
Duration
Permanent
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.
What will the apprentice be doing?

AMRICC seeks candidates to fill the position of Apprentice Materials Technician for its new industrial innovation and commercialisation facility.

In the context of this position, you will be training to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours to acquire a Degree Apprenticeship in Material Science with the University of Derby. As an apprentice employee, you will be spending 80% of your time with us making a significant and positive contribution to our work. The remaining 20% of your time will be spent on campus or in self-directed study, with the University of Derby.

Primary tasks with AMRICC, will include carrying out and facilitating experimental work in the laboratory and industrial pilot-line facility.

You will also gain foundation science and engineering skills through time spent with specialist materials and testing teams and personnel across our business, working with experienced instructors to complete both theoretical and practical activities. You will then undertake a variety of 3-to-6-month placements in our pilot-line facility and advanced materials processing laboratories, working with our highly experienced and knowledgeable people to learn how the specialist equipment and processes we use operate. This may also include time at partner facilities to experience and learn about advanced ceramic manufacturing processes, environments, and applications.

You will work on a variety of specialist processes used during advanced ceramic development and manufacture such as milling, mixing, forming, spray drying, additive manufacturing, and 'sintering' as well as learning about the characterisation of the product at different stages, using a variety of cutting-edge equipment, as well as various physical tests.

What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?

Level 6 Materials Science Degree.

Training will be carried out onsite at Lucideon HQ (ST4 7LQ) and onsite at derby university campus.

Time will be split, 80% onsite at Lucideon and the remaining 20% oncampus in Derby. The schedule of this in yet to be confirmed.

What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?

Upon completion of the degree, development plans and actions can be put in place for technicians to further grow and develop within the business.

As we work within a variety of industries, our areas for growth and development are varied and can be discussed depending on personal goals and preferences.

Requirements and prospects

Desired skills and personal qualities

Communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Team working, Creative

Qualifications

GCSE or equivalent Any subject (Grade 2 further GCSE grade A-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math, English, Physics OR Chemistry (Grade Grade B / 6 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths, Chemistry, Physics OR Engineering (Grade 2 A Levels at grade B or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Level 3 Extended Diploma in an engineering-related (Grade DDM or above) Essential

Things to consider

Lucideon is located in Stoke on Trent but travel to Derby University will be required. We will cover costs of transport here.
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert