What will the apprentice be doing?
iTrent is an award winning, customable HR platform that automates and improves our customers HR and Payroll process so alongside world class developers you'll also work with exceptional experts in business domains including such as payroll, recruitment, HRMC etc.
Working in the iTrent team you'll the opportunity to work with low code (Uniface) as well and as range of technologies that could include:
- Adhering to best practises and write clean code
- Giving estimates of the effort needed to complete tasks
- Developing product features within agreed timescales and to quality standards
- Working with your team to review requirements and designs
- Planning and performing tests on your own work and working with the testing team to ensure the highest levels of quality
- Communicating risks and concerns to your manager
- Working within the agile framework with your team
- Learning about new technologies and techniques to improve the product in the future
- You have a proven interest in coding through your A Level / college course or online platforms like Code Academy and are seeking a Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship
- You can write good quality code with sound syntax
- You will enjoy problem solving and want to develop your skills in analysis and design and you will be able to interpret functional / technical specifications and ask relevant questions about what you don't understand
- You can demonstrate an ability to problem solve, use your initiative, take responsibility, be organised and work independently
- Willing and able to work remotely and feel confident using video chat.
It would be beneficial if you have some skills in the following or a genuine desire to become highly skilled in:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- JavaAngular, AngularJS, Web Core
- Testing / QA
- Agile methodologies
As part of the Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship standard, you'll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and be on a fast track to anindustry recognised qualification and your dedicated industry coach will support you through ablended approach that will include remote, in person, 1-2-1 andgroup learning.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanentemployment and ongoing career development
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 7 GCSE's including Maths and English language (Grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths, Science, Computer Science (Grade A - C) Essential Things to consider
The position will be office based so you must be able to either commute from your current location or be willing to relocate so you will be able to commute.