The main purpose of this role is to be the support for current systems and processes with the view to assisting Senior procurement staff in Tender procedures and good housekeeping. The Apprentice will be based in Stevenage with Travel to our London sites once a fortnight.
- On the job training and development of Procurement activities
- Supporting the Tender processes lead by Senior Team Members
- The clearing of old and setting up of new tender file structures under supervision
- Utilise the Wax-Medius system for Tender processes
- In put new supplier contracts in the Contract Management system
- Monitor the generic Procurement Inbox
- SAP analysis on Supplier Spend over 60k
- Track and keep record of the number of New suppliers for all sites on a monthly basis
- Attend meetings as required with Senior Team members to take minutes and distribute accordingly
- Collect and analyse data for Procurement KPI’s
- Manage the Guys, SMIC and Business Contract Registers as required.
Knowledge/ Skills and Competencies
- Experience of using Microsoft package ie Word, Excel, Outlook
- Likes to work as part of a Team as well as on own specific project areas
- Willingness to learn and develop and work diligently in our Procurement Team
- Minimum GCSE English Language and maths
- Minimum 3 A levels or BTEC level 3
- The Apprentice should be willing to attend a Part time University course that will help to develop the knowledge of one or more of the skills required for this role
- This full-time Apprentice role is for up to 3 years.
Salary: £16,000 (Travel costs covered: £2,000)
The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult was established as an independent centre of excellence to advance the growth of the UK cell and gene therapy industry, by bridging the gap between scientific research and full-scale commercialisation.
With more than 350 employees focusing on cell and gene therapy technologies, it works with partners in academia and industry to ensure these life-changing therapies can be developed for use in health services throughout the world. It offers leading-edge capability, technology and innovation to enable companies to take products into clinical trials and provide clinical, process development, manufacturing, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Its aim is to make the UK the most compelling and logical choice for UK and international partners to develop and commercialise these advanced therapies.
The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult works with Innovate UK. For more information please visit ct.catapult.org.uk or visit http://www.gov.uk/innovate-uk.