We are currently recruiting for a HR Apprentice to join our HR team, based at our Global Solutions office in Leeds. The successful candidate will support the HR Manager in the provision of strategic and operational support to specific client groups within business services. The Apprentice will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge gained through the apprenticeship training and to develop their skills as they grow their responsibilities in the role.
During the course of your apprenticeship, we will work together to grow your skills through experience and aim to build up your responsibilities. These will include:
Working closely with both the HR Manager and GSL HR teams to administer a range of HR processes, building from transactional to relatively complex issues that cover the full employee lifecycle including but not restricted to:
- Liaising directly with the individual employees on the below topics;
- Joiners and leavers – including inductions, welcome meetings, exit interviews
- Terms & Conditions changes
- Absence processes – including paternity leave, maternity leave, secondment, sick leave and other absences
- Holiday, absence tracking
- Handling day to day queries
- Providing HR advice
- Using HR systems to keep records
- Working with the team to implement HR changes and process improvement initiatives
- Conduct maternity meetings
- Prepare monthly reporting as required
- Other ad-hoc tasks as and when required
- Provided by BPP
- 20% of your employed time will be spent ‘off the job’ completing your apprenticeship (including training, online courses, coursework).
- Apprenticeship duration = minimum 12 months, further 3 months for assessment
- Potential results; Fail, Pass, Distinction. For those who pass, they will be qualified to apply for CIPD associate membership.
Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
As a HR Support Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the HR Support Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship, which is aligned with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Upon completion you will be awarded the CIPD Foundation Certificate and you will be able to apply for Membership of CIPD.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong administration skills
- Strong customer service orientation
We are looking for someone with these key attributes:
- A keen interest in a career in HR
- Enthusiastic learner
- Committed team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Able to prioritise and renegotiate deadlines
- Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders at once
- Resilient when dealing with demanding clients
- Exercise responsibility, autonomy and sound judgement within limited parameters
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities broadly in line with role as required
- A Levels (or equivalent qualification)
Hope and intention is to make the role permanent as a HR administrator / junior HR advisor
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s). BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more.